Monday, December 22, 2008

TOP TEN FOR 2008!

I have no idea WHY... but some people wanna know what I think are the top 10 BIGGEST things that happened in animation this year. To be honest, that's kind of a silly question since there's no way to pick just 10.

So I picked 11. That makes a lot more sense.

And here they are. I'm sure you'll agree with me on each and every one:

MR. WARBURTON'S TOP TEN ELEVEN BIGGEST THINGS IN ANIMATION OF 2008

1. PENCILS! (Just kidding... everyone knows that animation is all done with computers now... except the boring parts. Those have to be done by hand.)

2. INBETWEENS (Studios and artists keep trying to get rid of these little devils but they JUST KEEP COMING BACK! You GO, inbetweens!)

3. FUNNY HATS (If your animated character doesn't have a funny hat you're cheating him/her/it out of at least 28.5% more laughs)

4. COMPUTERS (I like to use mine to check e-mail when I'm supposed to be working. I hear they're good for games, too.)

5. MANGIA (Japanese comic books about giant robots eating Italian food... Molto Mario!)

6. MOMS (Sorry Ninjas, and you too, Pirates... But it was the Mom's turn at the box office this year.)

7. PITCHING YOUR VOICE UP (This one NEVER goes out of style. Back in the old days we gave the voice actors helium balloons, but with computers (see number four) we NEVER run out!)

8. "I'VE GOT A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS!" (One of those 'go to' lines that makes the 'best of' lists every year. Usually said by a comedic relief character when it's obvious something bad is going to happen. 72% funnier if the character has a crazy accent.)

9. NOTHING! (Actually this one isn't mine. I got it from all those animation bloggers who complain that everything animated after 3:00pm, June 14, 1952 stinks. I don't agree at all... but I REALLY needed something to fill out this list.)

10. THE 2008 ASIFA-EAST USED ANIMATION ART AUCTION AND UNDERWEAR EXPO (What a great way for animators to get rid of all that used art cluttering up their offices. And if it can make groups like ASIFA-EAST a little cash- even better!)

11. THIS:

No comments: