Thursday, October 9, 2014

RANDOM ROBOTECH CELS


Whilst digging through the massive snowdrift
of old papers, drawings, sketches and candy wrappers
scattered about the laboratory,
I came across two
Robotech cels.

This one of Roy Fokker:


And this of Misa Hayase:


I don't remember where I got these.
To be honest,
I don't even remember having them.

I'm pretty sure they're from
MACROSS: LOVE DO YOU REMEMBER
which I've already declared my 
unabashed love for over

It's just cool to see some old cels
since they're a relic of the past.

Fun little fact:
A good deal of anime cels have the 
corresponding drawing 
STUCK
to the back of the cel
(like the Misa cel shown here)

The cels were usually stacked and stored with their drawings.
And after time/pressure/heat/humidity, etc 
they got all stickified.
And there's no easy way to unstickify them
without damaging the cel and/or drawing.

{sniff}

so sad








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm pretty sure your Misa cel is from the Macross TV show. The Roy cel is from DYRL, though.