Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaah... it's not that I WANTED to revisit any of the comics I did in high school.
But a couple weeks ago I needed some reference material for bad high school comics. And I thought, "Why not go right to the MASTER of bad high school comics?"
So I called an old high school chum who I knew had a secret cache of original art by me and my (more talented) friends and voila! Take a look at this one circa 1984:
So let's analyze:
• Obviously this was intended as a pseudo-satirical geopolitical post-ironic biting commentary on the difference between 'being' and 'becoming'. With a little Green Lantern thrown in...
• Please note the clever addition of 'in the year 2000' to the title. This added exactly .21% more humor to the ENTIRE comic.
• It's aTOMic... because my name is Tom... and it's a a comic... and... aw, jeez.
• Got 'funny' names? Hows about these: Chutney Featherby and Dr. Goreslimey? (Yeeesh...)
• Cheese AND Spam in the same comic?! Madness!