Monday, April 21, 2014

WONDERCON 2014




As I mentioned last year,

Sure, it's still crowded
and the chances of losing them are 
3:1
(That's K in the green shirt 
just before being swallowed
by nerddom)


But it's worth it for the boys
to get to play
Mario Kart 8
before 
the general public does:



We even got driver's licenses:


Any table with
anything 
Pokemon
is a guaranteed stop.
(the boys stop, too)


We were pretty sure 
sooper stylist Mom
didn't need any 
nerd-themed leggings 
but we took a picture 
anyway:


Japanese toys were also a 
big draw:



And of course,
cosplay and robot building:




We especially enjoyed the mash-up
of cosplay and Mario Kart:




And
YES!
In preparation for
the release of this summer's
sooper fun 
Where's Waldo-style book
(which I have an illustration in)

I FOUND CATBUG!


I wish I took more pictures
but I was too busy losing my kids.


Hopefully I'll find them before next year!


1 comment:

Evrett said...

Perhaps a con is like that distant lumber parcel you release your loved but inconvenient pet into and drive away. Like Haley Joel Osmans parents in AI but without the pleasure bots.