Wednesday, February 18, 2009

IT'S FOR REALS!


I STILL can't believe it. I keep pinching myself (more than usual) but they're STILL HERE. Yes... I have just received 3 (count 'em) THREE copies of my very first ever childrens book '1000 TIMES NO'!


It's been a looooooooong time since I finished the art, so it's great to finally see this thing become real.


And it's still a loooooooooong time before the book hits the stores. Well, May 1st isn't THAT far away, but it feels like an eternity to me.

But if you really want to make sure you get one you can always pre-order a copy (or twenty) at AMAZON or BARNES AND NOBLE or BORDERS or at CHAOS if you're Australian. I assume it's lots of other places, too.

And I'm already booking some readings at schools, stores and a book fair in Philadelphia which should be pretty exciting. And who knows, maybe I'll be coming 'round to your town! Unless you live in, like, China or Australia. That probably won't happen but I'm perfectly willing to go if you fly me out.

I'll be posting some information soon on how to contact me if you'd like me to come do a reading 'round your neck of the woods (if it's relatively close to NYC, that is).

In the meantime, I'll just be sitting here staring at my book. Staring... and loving...

7 comments:

Charles K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charles K. said...

I love how you used a Gaelic font for 'Nae' :)

Numbuh 9.494 said...

I can't wait for the book to be out in stores! I really want to see more of the artwork and more ways to say "no."

Anonymous said...

A big sooper congratu-talations! I'm going to make sure my local library gets the book.

nothanks said...

NO!NO!NO!NOOO!!HA ha.Just joking.What I meant to say was:YES!YES!Yes!!YES!!YAY!Boo Yah!And I also meant to say no,too,because I doubt you're coming to Memphis for a bookfair or something.Nooo.And congragulations!!!!

Elliot Cowan said...

I am happy to report than it looks terrific from beginning to end.

Anonymous said...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!