Thursday, April 7, 2011

COTTON WARBURTON

I need to set something straight.

While I'm often referred to as
"The Best Football Player Named Warburton Who Ever Worked at Disney"
I'm sorry to say it's not true.

First of all, I've never played football beyond the occasional gym class or Thanksgiving Turkey Bowl.

Second of all, there's this guy:


As you can see, he had the football skills:


But what about the Disney skills?

Cotton became a successful Hollywood film editor and won an Oscar in 1964 for his work on the box office hit Mary Poppins.

You can read the rest of his bio over here at your leisure.
But in the meantime, please stop calling me
"The Best Football Player Named Warburton Who Ever Worked at Disney".

Thank you.


4 comments:

Chelsea Lavertu said...

I saw you on the studio lot about a month ago when I started at Disney. I think anyway, I could've been some random guy that looks like you, that would mean you have all sorts of dopplegangers running around using your face and namesake. Either way I got really excited because the last time I saw you, you were presenting at Full Sail telling us that we should choose a new profession. Ha!

MR. WARBURTON said...

you should have stopped to say hi!
what are you working on at disney?

Chelsea Lavertu said...

I should've! But you looked like you were on a mission and I was in an orientation tour group the whole day so it was a huge fog of Disney magic going on.
I'm at feature animation! Training to be a look development artist.
If I see you again I'll say hello next time!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen this?! I couldn't resist posting a link here for you to check it out. KND Live Action Cast Members (just joking)! I DID NOT create this image, just thought you might enjoy it... Thanks for keeping in touch with us all through the blog. I visit everyday! :)

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=11#/d3dh824