Sunday, April 17, 2011

A VINTAGE SKETCHBOOK


Why, yes.
I HAVE been filling up sketchbooks over the years.

Maybe not quickly.
Maybe not skillfully.
But filled up they get.
(Eventually.)

And while I'm juuuuuuuuuuust about to close the door
on my latest book du jour...
I thought it'd be fun to go down into the cellar and pick out a
fine vintage sketchbook for us to drink from.

Say, perhaps, a heady 1994?


Checking out this sketchbook brought back alot of memories.
These were the days of:

• Working at J.J. Sedelmaier Productions.
• Living in NYC with 3 sooper fun roommates.
• Dating the girl I'd eventually marry.
• And...

Drawing the plant that lived in our bathroom




Clipping stuff out of my girlfriend's fashion magazines:




Creating characters that would eventually end up in TV shows:


And characters that wouldn't:



Drawing LOL Cats:


Working on Schoolhouse Rock:


And FINALLY finishing the sketchbook:


Yikes!
This one took forever to get done.
But it did.
(Eventually.)

Are YOU keeping a sketchbook?
I hope so!


6 comments:

Mariana =] said...

Wow, 17 years doing sketchbooks =P
and, OMG HOW DO YOU DRAW/COLOR SO WELL?!
You're making me jealous! Dx

=]
By the way, Did i ever said that i love your handwriting? xD

Madison Durrer said...

Haha! Some of those were very funny! :D

Chelsea Lavertu said...

I love the "and then why don't you"s. I died laughing.

brianna14 said...

yes, i have a sketchbook! not as cool as this, though.

Lily said...

I have sketchbooks too! I'm currently on my third one, cause i started drawing in sketchbooks only like, a month or two ago, even though I have been drawing since I was three.
But THESE are the most awesome drawings I've ever seen.
Can I send you some of my artwork? If so, how and where? Cause it's my birthday really soon and you looking over my drawings would be the BEST. GIFT. EVER.

Anonymous said...

Heh. That kinda reminds me of Pepper Ann..
oh wait... :D