Tuesday, June 23, 2015

THE FAMILY SERVICE AGENCY AUCTION


While I was busy telling you tales of the
Galactic: Kids Next Door,
there's been all sorts of stuff going on.

Stuff like the
Family Services Charity Auction
at
Cartoon Network:



I warned you it was coming up
but I had no idea how much fun it was going to be!

It was quite the honor to be one of the three featured artists
(with Nan Rae and Alice Asmar)


I got a nice big area to display some of my recent work.


Apologies for the lack of close-ups, but
on the left are some original paintings from my
picture book


Along with some copies to sign, of course:


On the right are 
I did for the 
Disney TVA
Zombie Art Show


Along the bottom is 
the 18 foot line I did for the

The sooper giant TV in the middle had a loop of 
underwater animation.

Why?

Because 
FISH!




They were all over the pool table!


WHY?!
Because we were 
FISHING FOR DONATIONS!

I wanted to create a way for people to 
be guaranteed a piece of artwork to take home
in case they didn't win 
anything in the silent auction.

So we did this:


It was fun watching people pick their fish.
I don't know how many people pulled me aside to
tell me that they got 
THE BEST 
one of the lot.

And I had made a
LOT
of fish.
Too many in fact.
But I've got an idea what to do with the leftovers!
(I'll tell you in a later post)

Regarding the
silent auction,
there were well over a hundred
pieces of artwork,
by tons of great animation artists like:

Pen Ward (Adventure Time)
JG Quintel (Regular Show)
Chris Battle (Teen Titans Go)
Pete Browngardt (Uncle Grandpa)
Mike Wetterhahn (Courage The Cowardly Dog)
and the list goes on!

But there wasn't just art by
gross animators like me and my ilk!

There was 
fine art
graphic art
photography
sculpture
jewelry

SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!


But I'm an idiot and didn't take pictures.
(in fact, I've stolen quite a few of these pics from 

In bidding news,
Mo's Pigeon sketch went for $500
after a serious bidding war!


My KND drawing went for either 
$2 or a cool $1,000,000.
Either way,
they paid too much.










The rooftop dinner at sunset was 
glorious
delicious
and 
held a special treat:

Sound Effects Master
Glenn Oyabe
(Fish Hooks, Billy and Mandy, etc)
just happened to be playing the event with his band
Little Ghost


What a perfect night!


Thanks, FSA!
Thanks, Cartoon Network!
And thanks Zita LeFebvre
for inviting me!

Oh, and here's a nice
bit about the show from


3 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like it was one amazing night. awesome.

Mariana =] said...

Those fish puns... loved it

Belen F said...

Thanks for sharing this with us. So, for you to know, there are some guys who come across this for the first time, and love all of this work.

Never lose faith, 'cuz that's what the book of KND carries for every kid in the world! That's the only thing that defeated the Grandfather!

Never stop dreaming. Never stop having this kid personality... Never grow up. Thanks again :D