Friday, June 5, 2015

The G:KND EXPERIMENT (part 3)




Now we needed voices!

So I sent an e-mail to:

Ben Diskin
(aka Numbuh One)


Jason Harris
(aka Numbuh 274)


Dave Wittenberg
(aka Numbuh 74.239)


Jennifer Hale
(aka Numbuh 86 and the KND computer)


And Cree Summer
(aka Numbuh Five)


I told them about our 
Galactic: Kids Next Door experiment! 

I cajoled.
I cried.
I pouted.

I begged them to lend me an hour or two to record
their voices for the horribly insulting price of
NOTHING!

Turns out I didn't need to do any of that.
ALL 
of them were
ALL IN!

Same with
engineer/guitarist/dungeon master
David Guerrero
who donated studio time to record the actors.
(David rocks)

And the record went great!
It felt amazing to be back with the KND!
(Albeit not with all of them)

GAH!
I wish I had taken pictures!

Anyway,
after we finished,
Aerial Editor Dave Courter,
who cut every inch of the original
Kids Next Door series
dove in and started putting together the animatic.

And it was awesome.

After we got it just right,
I went to the original KND sound team,
sooper cinematic musician Steve Rucker
and
sound FX master Lou Esposito
and begged
THEM
to add their flavor.

And then the animatic got even
MORE
AWESOMER!!!

Finally,
we had our teaser.

Which by now,
EVERYONE IN THE UNIVERSE 
HAS SEEN.

But if you didn't:


But how could we get this video out to the fans?!

Keep it locked here for
part 4!

5 comments:

The Afro... It Lives! said...

Even though I was here for the entire thing I think it's amazing hearing what happened from you!

Unknown said...

"Numbah D20" "dungeon master guitarist" I smell some tabletop fun. Can I join in? Hahaha

Unknown said...

"Numbah D20" "dungeon master guitarist" I smell some tabletop fun. Can I join in? Hahaha

Jason Rich said...

Hi there Mr. Warburton, I am a big fan of your work.
I was wondering if you could answer something for me and a friend of mine.

We loved the episode "Operation F.L.A.V.O.R.", and since then, we have had an ongoing debate over the actual taste of the fourth flavor. As a 10 year old, I contended that the fourth flavor tasted like the sun, however, my confidante was quick to point out the infeasibility of this theory. Besides it's similarity to the taste of "blurpleberry", what qualities does the "fourth flavor" of ice cream have?

Thank you,
Jason Rich

Anonymous said...

Hmm if CN doesnt take maybe Frederator's Cartoon Hangover can get the rights to produce a miniseries or something