Monday, June 15, 2015

THE G:KND EXPERIMENT (part 7)



The countdown on the secret 
g:KND log-in site
rolled closer and closer to April 1st.

The plan was that after the countdown ended,
our Galactic: Kids Next Door teaser
would run for all to see.

But as the KND often say,

"JEEZ, THAT PLAN DIDN'T WORK!"

Because ten days before the big day
www.rainbowmonkeys.com
got

HACKED!

I was having pizza with my son's 
soccer team that night.
I was on my phone, casually flipping through the usual
top secret Facebook messages from KND operatives,
when I saw one that essentially said,

OMG LOL DUDE NO WAY
JUST SAW THE GALACTIC KIDS NEXT DOOR VIDEO
K THX CYA BYE

Then my phone's battery died.

GAH!

What did that mean?!
What video?!

I was in a total panic and had
no way of finding out what was
happening!

When I finally got home hours later,
I dove onto the computer
and watched the madness unfolding.

There,
on youtube,
was our sooper secret video
under the title
NEW SERIES ANNOUNCED


And it was already approaching
100,000 views!

So I got on the horn:


After a bit of research,
we discovered that someone
had done a little digging
and found the video just sitting in our website's directory.

And then decided to put it up on youtube.

Granted, 
we hadn't thought anything 
like this would happen so we didn't 
take the appropriate precautions. 
So it wasn't very hard to get into the website.

And now operatives
EVERYWHERE
were losing their minds!

Facebook.
Twitter.
Reddit.
and especially Tumblr.

They were exploding
with
cheers
theories
 speculation
and
even fan art!

I sat up for
HOURS
monitoring the 
insanity.

Was I mad about the leak?

Hells no!
A hacker breaking in was
 so 
perfectly
KIDS NEXT DOOR!
We couldn't have
written a better script!

But there was just one problem:

The countdown was supposed to be the launch of the teaser.

Now everyone thought it was leading up to an 
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT 
of a 
Galactic: Kids Next Door 
series.

Which it wasn't.

...

So what to do?

We couldn't have
NOTHING
when the countdown ended!

So I did what any 
resourceful 
KND operative would do.

I wrote a script.


7 comments:

The Afro... It Lives! said...

OH MY GOD, THIS IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER WITH EACH UPDATE.

Unknown said...

This is getting intense!

Mariana =] said...

"Then my phone's battery died." LOL
Luckily the hacker decided to post with ten days left, if he had done that with a day left the countdown would have to be changed to end in another day or else you would have to show the same video leaked and luckily you made some magic and got another video for us, I'm really curious how you made it happen now xD
And yeah, a lot of people (me included) thought it was a leak of an upcoming series and got really hyped, but I didn't get disappointed in the end, I just felt hope for a comeback :)

eon said...

numah eon: nothing will stop us knd rules
i await you next update eon signing off

DCFDTL Sooper Fan said...

I wasn't sure what was gonna happen at the end of that countdown! Personally I DID want to see more characters talking if at all possible, just hearing all the characters talk after all these years was magical! ;A; IwashopingforsomeDCbuthey;w; I'm loving all this recapping! Man that hype was intense, the day the countdown clock ran down I must have stayed up till five am even after it happened!

Anonymous said...

omg omg omg omg
please make this reality

Unknown said...

I love reading these!!! And the hack was so KND.