Monday, November 17, 2014

SILVER DRAWING ACADEMY DE OSHIETA


If you heard rumours of 
poorly spoken 
Japanese going on in the
Southern California area...

That was totally me.

See,
I got invited to
talk to a bunch of 
Japanese students at the 
SILVER DRAWING ACADEMY 



You know
sooper famous
character designer
even if you think you don't.


He designed
Kim Possible:


Clerks: The Animated Series


And Danny Phantom:


And now he's opened up 
his own drawing school
in Los Angeles!

It's a great space
with lots of great artwork:




Stephen had over 150 animation students 
from Japan come
for a class.


He took the majority of them to discuss character design
while I talked to the rest about
career paths, writing, direction
and that kind of stuff.


While I can speak some Japanese,
I'm not fluent enough to lecture,
so I had the help of a wonderful interpreter.

Hopefully she made me sound smart!

Check out more on the 
Silver Drawing Academy over



No comments: