Monday, July 26, 2010

COMIC CON 2010


Well, I just got back from my first San Diego Comic Con as a native Californian!
To be honest, I had only attended once before-- around 4 years ago when Cartoon Network brought all their show creators out for a long weekend of nerdness. And while that first trip was one to remember, this one rocked pretty hard as well-- even thought I was only there for a day and a half.

I spent slot of time with these guys:


Uh huh...

It's that Dan Santat and Jarrett Krosoczka again.
And wherever those guys are...
These guys usually show up:


Si senor...

Bob Boyle and James Burks had a table and were hawking their wares to an adoring public.

And you know I had to hang out with Maxwell Atoms while was there, although I don't have any pictures of him. So I'll use this one from Comic Cons past:


I also got to spend some quality time with a lot of old friends and even made some new ones along the way!

Anyway... the Con (or The Annual Running Of The Nerds as Mr. Santat calls it) was awesome as always and included all the usual things that make it so great:

Stormtroopers:


Pikachus:


Sooper Fans:


Secret missions through the loading docks:


Awesome diaramas:


And animal feeding:



But you know what I like best about going to The Con?
Aw, you know me...

I just wanna get awesome artists to draw awesome pictures in my sketchbook.
And over the next couple posts I'll show you some of the pretty pictures some fine folks made for me.

So keep it locked here, would ya?
You don't wanna miss these puppies.


1 comment:

brianna14 said...

you are SO LUCKY. i wish i could have gone! hopefully i could go next year!