Monday, February 7, 2011

THE ISLAND OF MISFIT TOYS

So yeah...

There were some pretty cool Codename: Kids Next Door
action figures out there for a while.

We had BIG action figures:


And we had little ones:


The company that made them, KidDesigns, was pretty awesome.
They had never done action figures before but attacked it like my two boys attack In-n-Out Burger.

Seriously, if KND was a pool, these guys dove in cannonball-style and got the tri-state area soaking wet.
And together, we came up with some pretty awesome toys.
Some saw the light of day... some didn't.

Here are some that didn't.
Mind you, these are proto-types that were only seen in the showroom.
But I ask you...

Do they not rock?


I know, right?
The fact that Grandma Stuffum (along with Liver and Onions)
never got made kills me, too.


OMG... Candy Hunting Numbuh Five? Stickybeard? The Queen Louse? Food Rambo Numbuh Two AND the ultra Nerd Zombie from Operation: UNCOOL? That's too much awesome in one photo.


I don't think a day goes by where I don't burst into tears over the fact that the Delightful Children From Down The Lane never had their own toy.


Stickybeard.

'Nuff said.


The world would have been a better place if this Knightbrace figure had been made.

Wait...

What's that?

You want MORE?!

Well...

Okay.

But you gotta wait until the next post.

Mwa ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa!


7 comments:

Mariana =] said...

1) Oh my... I want it all!!! These toys look so awesome how could they be so bad and not make them? =(
2) I have that big numbuh one! =D

nothanks said...

Ha ha! I want them all. :D I honestly just realized that DCFDTL did not recieve their own figure. I also want the mega nerd zombie from UNCOOL! :P That would be just an awesome action figure.

Sherm said...

Those are just totally cool as heck!

brianna14 said...

those are SO COOL! i wonder what happened to those proto-types...

Asterisk said...

mmm In N out...pics of burger please!!!

DelightfulFan said...

There's not a day that goes by where I don't cry over the fact that the Delightful Children never got a toy too :'(

Max ruby granddaddy said...

Christmas mushi toy