Monday, May 27, 2013

SCORE: ORIGINAL BRUCE TIMM SKETCH!



You know me.
I'm not shy.
I'll go up and ask
ANYONE
to draw me a picture.

But I'm not quite sure why I
never asked this guy:


Uh-huh.
The man that
re-invented 
the sooper hero
cartoon when he created
Batman: The Animated Series.
He made a show that was
ART
instead of just a 
toy commercial
(which was unheard of at the time)

When I came to LA 
to make my first pilot for 
Cartoon Network
I used to see Mr. Timm sitting outside
the building doodling in his sketchbook.

I always wanted to introduce myself
 but I never did.
So I never got a drawing from him.

UNTIL LAST WEEK!

My kids' school had their annual soopergiant 
silent auction
and look what was there:




PERFECT!

AMAZING!

GORGEOUS!

AND
NO
ONE
WAS
BIDDING
ON
IT
!!!!!!

So I got this 
original marker sketch
of
Harley Quinn 
for
NOT
a million dollars...

NOT
$200,000...

But
forty bucks.

$40!

What fools 
these mortals be.

In other news,
if you wanna learn more about
Bruce Timm 
and his work,
this book is
kinda awesome:


2 comments:

Mariana =] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mariana =] said...

How could nobody be bidding on it?? I would pay 50$ easily for it!
You're really a lucky one :P