Thursday, May 23, 2013

THE SECRET CHAPTER OF THE HUMAN DIVISION

So as I mentioned in
I got to hang out with
Hugo Award winning
sci-fi author
ninja
mallet of loving correction
wielding
John Scalzi
while he was in town
promoting
this:


Which is the 
fifth sequel to
this:


But
was published a little differently
than the others.
Once a week,
from 
January 15th
to
April 9th
a new chapter
was released digitally
for
99 cents.

And every Tuesday,
for 13 weeks,
I parked myself at my favorite
with a spicy
burrito Massiel
con pollo,
a Jarritos soda
and 
a chapter of 
awesomeness.

But now it's over
and
Tuesdays feel kinda
empty.

Fortunately,
Mr. Scalzi has announced
that he'll be writing a follow up to
The Human Division.
But that's
SO FAR AWAY!!!

So what did I do?
I asked him to 
write me a 
five sentence
chapter
of 
The Human Division 
in my sketchbook.

AND HE DID!


The story is,
of course,
THRILLING
EXCITING
and
filled
with
AWESOME.

See?


Wait...

Look closer:


Yup.

This is perhaps
one of the 
coolest things
that has ever happened
to me.

THANK YOU,
MR. SCALZI!

FYI:
The
hardcover
edition of
The Human Division
is out 
NOW.

And please
shut up
and
go see
Mr. Scalzi







1 comment:

Colorado Springs Boiler Service said...

I have read two other novels by Scalzi that were not in the Old Man's War universe, both of them disappointing, and unfortunately now have a sinking suspicion that he is one of those unfortunate authors who only has one or two good stories to tell.