Monday, January 27, 2014

A SKETCHBOOK FROM 2005


Yeesh...
I'm nowhere near finishing my latest 
sketchbook.

So maybe we oughta dust off an old
one in the meantime:


There's not a lot of drawing 
in this one.
Back in the mid 1990's I was
primarily using my sketchbooks to break down
Codename: Kids Next Door stories.
But there are some doodles 
here and there.



We were just starting 
season 6
around this time.
Here's an early rough outline for
OPERATION: RECESS:


and early work on
WHITEHOUSE
(nee WAKE-UP)


Operation: TRICYCLE:



Trying to break 
OPERATION: SPINACH:


Here are some Neilson ratings
from a night around that time.
Getting a 4 in those days
was considered pretty rockin'.



This comic by
still makes me giggle:


I loved seeing the KND
in toy ads:


This is really cool!
When Mo was first telling me about his big idea
for a series of early reader books,
he sketched out a pic of what
ELEPHANT AND PIGGIE
were going to look like:


Speaking of artists,
here's a drawing a young
KND fan did for me while I was
vacationing in Aruba:


Some made the cut... some didn't;
Playing around with KND story ideas:



 And lastly,
the inked original of
a drawing I did for press stuff.
Not sure about that nose, tho:


Hopefully I'll have a
NEW
sketchbook 
finished for you soon!



2 comments:

DCFDTL Sooper Fan said...

Aw sweet! I love when you show off your older sketchbooks Mr.Warburton, there's so much interesting stuff in em' :D Nice stickers too, we're they from one of those activity books?

pinkandorangesunset said...

I don't know how else I am supposed to get in touch with you but I really wanted you to see what I made for you even though you may not ever see it ^^; http://pinkandorangesunset.deviantart.com/art/numbuh-Eleventy-Billion-449182141
I hope you like it mr.w <3