Wednesday, August 12, 2009

SUPERDUMB SUPERVILLAIN SUPERAWESOME

How can you NOT like a blog called:


And how can you NOT like a blog called Superdumb Supervillain that likes 1000 TIMES NO so much?

Here's a little of what she has to say:

1000 Times No is a brilliant new book by Mr. Warburton, recent cross-coast transplant and creator of Cartoon Network's Codename: Kids Next Door. It's one of the few books that appeals to both Roo (5) and Jasper (2) with bright, bold illustrations and a story that rings true to the stubborn streak that demarcates toddlerdom: they don't want to do what you want them to do. Ever. (Oh, wait– that could hold true for most kids, of all ages. And adults!)

And furthermore:

I think it's the kind of funny that is actually smart in disguise: dude, there are hieroglyphs in there! Plenty of opportunities to discuss other cultures and how their toddlers are just as surly as Americans. Win-win!

I dunno... maybe the blog should be called Superdumb Supervillain Super Great Taste in Books. Check out the rest of the review HERE!

2 comments:

Ms. Brosius/KU '90 said...

Greetings Mr. Warburton! (Formerly known as "Tom" at KU.) I saw your write-up in the alumni mag, which led me to your blog. Congrats on the new book! I read in earlier blogs that you will personalize the books....do you have a new LA e-mail address that I could contact you at to arrange this? (the blog lists an old NYC e-mail)

MR. WARBURTON said...

heya ms. brosius...

forgive my lousy memory... but i THINK i remember your name. was it laurie brosius? were we in classes together? or just milling about at basin street?
and yeah... i'll be more than sooper triple happy to sign your book(s)! just drop me an e-mail here:

warburtonlabs@nyc.rr.com

and i'll throw my stats at ya!