Sunday, May 9, 2010

HUGO IS A GO!!!


Okay... so I couldn't be at the sooper-big-huge Knufflebunny musical at the Kennedy Center.

And I couldn't go to the 2010 ASIFA-EAST Animation Festival Awards show.

But if you thought you'd be able to stop me from going to see Bob Boyle launch the tour for his brand new first ever picture book, you'd be crazier than Joe Murray!


So, YEAH... I pack up the vikings and we head on down to Vroman's Bookstore in Pasadena to go see Mr. Boyle get his read on.

Well, imagine my disappointment when THIS GUY came out instead:


WHAT?! Who is THAT?!

With the moustache...
And the tweed sportscoat?!
And the sporty cap?!
And the moustache?!

And then he starts to read WHAT?!


THE BIG BOOK OF MATH?!

Aw, man... me and the wolf cubs were SOOOOOOOO out of there. Until...


DARN IT!
DARN IT!
DARN IT!

IT WAS HIM ALL ALONG!
BOB BOYLE TRICKED ME AGAIN!

Ugh... at least he put on a good show.

He was a drawin'...


And a readin'...


And a signin'


And he really had the crowd going!
(with a little help from some weird dude in the audience)


And did I mention there was cake?


Oh yes...

There was cake.

All in all, it was an awesome start to an awesome book.

Why not order a copy today?


1 comment:

D.A said...

Ha, that book looks SO cute, I would order it! Er, but my mom wouldn't let me, she says I'm too OLD to get such a 'baby's' book. Hey! I'm not even a teen yet -Well, I'm almost one- and like what my older sis says'acts like a 5 year old.' Plus, I'm not much of the popular, teenage books now-a-days, Harry Potter, yeah, that series is awesome! But 'Twilight,' NO.
You know, I've always wanted to go to those kind of book signing things, where you can sit and listen while the author reads her/his book, and then everyone lines up to get an autograph and such... but no one important goes around in Virginia... well, there is D.C. where the President lives, but there's not a chance I'll be able to meet him.